Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (12) Carved Jade Buddha


I found this little guy at a really bad auction in Illinois about two years ago. And when I say bad, I mean really bad...this was one of those auctions that is a real waste of gasoline and time as there was really nothing but junk. I had given everything the first pass glance, and was getting ready to leave without buying anything when I started digging through a group of boxes that held fabric remnants and old patterns and I found this little Jade Buddha on a silk cord. I remember it was an outdoor auction, and really cold that day, but I decided to wait and bid on him anyway. I ended up paying a dollar for him. So this little Buddha is on my alter to remind me to always look deeper than the surface of things, that jewels can always appear in places you least expect them to be.

No comments: