Thursday, August 03, 2006

There is a Mechanical GOD...

...and his name is Charlie. Everyone should have one, and I was delighted to make his acquaintance today. He's one of those guys that was born to work on cars, and just naturally know what they are doing, what they are looking for, and how to fix what they find. I have never been all that great around the car question. I am ashamed to admit it was only in the last ten years I just didn't jump in and turn the key and expect it to go. Gasoline? Oh yeah, when I remembered it needed it to actually move. A tune up? That was what MAACO was for. I had no idea why these things were important or what mechanics actually did when they worked on my car. My girlfriends actually spoiled me (you know who you are). Of course this meant I had "sucker" printed on my forehead for any mechanic to clearly read.
So the final diagnosis today was a broken front tire boot, and Charlie looked my car over pretty well explaining what he was doing and why as he did it. He didn't treat me like a total brainless ditz. He also quoted a very reasonable price for the repair, and I am confident after watching him work he knows exactly what he is doing. All I can say is thanks Universe for the gift of Charlie today.

No comments: