Monday, August 07, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (27) Antique St. Therese of Lisieux Icon


Known as the "Little Flower", I found this antique icon of Saint Therese many years ago. She is framed in a beautiful old marbleized plastic frame with bubble front. In some ways she does represent perfect faith to me with her message of simplicity and unfaltering love. She is represented on my alter since she is the patron saint of those who suffer, especially those with AIDS. I have lost many people I have loved to this disease and remember them all with this icon. But most especially Marty and Howard, who make such impacts on my own life still and who I miss everyday. Never to be forgotten.

"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."

- Saint Therese of Lisieux

No comments: