Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (15) Judy's Antique Tibetan Traveling Alter

This little copper box alter has been on my alter for quite a while. My
friend Judy found this as a gift for me, purchased in a Seattle store famous
for it's eclectic mix of merchandise. I've never seen another like it. Handmade with ornate stamping across the front, it opens for placement of any religious icon. I believe the loops on the sides were so this could be worn around the neck on a pilgrim's journey. The little carved stone Buddha inside was present when he arrived in my hands, and I left him there since he had been someone's object of devotion. I thought he deserved to stay in his little home. Being as dedicated to exploring different spiritual disciplines as Judy is, she has been around the world to study and finds many things that eventually find their way to my alter. This just reminds me of her more than anything. The world traveler. :)

No comments: