Monday, July 31, 2006

Power Source and Cingular Saga Looking Better

Finally got the power source replaced in my computer today. This was the first part of the big computer upgrade, and it seems to be running smoothly and all systems are go. The problem seemed to be the power source for the fan that cools the actual power box itself snaked it's way all the way down to the motherboard and then back again to run the fan. That is some serious design error if you ask me, as of course it would burn out the fan in time. The new power source runs the fan from the power on cord so I shouldn't be having this problem again. Now on to the new video card and extra hard drive we'll be installing later in the week. Thanks Genie for proving to me we could actually do this ourselves :) By the time I leave here I bet I'll be building computers on my own practically. (This is where everyone that knows me can insert a hearty laugh at my expense. Not in my dreams, thank you, and I know it already.)
The good news is that I finally got a Samsung phone from the Cingular Wireless Warehouse that I will actually keep this time. It does seem to be a cheaper material and I still think the design is chunky, but it is the upgraded version of the phone I actually had to begin with. It is upgraded to access and send computer Im's easier. Which I will avoid like the plague because of the expense of Global Positioning time. (LOL) It's always something with me, I am sooooo not a techno geek. I'm still not happy I have to pay a huge deductible for it, but some battles in life aren't worth the effort. I guess $50.00 is were I draw the line, maybe if it were $50.01 I'd be in there slugging.

No comments: