Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In the Glow of the Muse...

Last night was a magical night. The days in Texas so hot, and me the delicate flower I am. Avoiding the sun during the day seems almost a full time job, but last night I watched and waited patiently for the sun to go down. As the twilight descended (my absolute favorite time of the day) I stepped outside in anticipation. And there she was, winking at me as she always does as she tracks across the sky. The full moon. Smaller than she is in the Fall season I crave, but the same moon that has been silent witness of my life at every stage. From the child who would sneak out her bedroom window and dance naked around the mulberry bush in the front yard thinking the fairies would come, to the odd teenager that walked along the beach at twilight hoping to see her shine over the water. From the young woman in Alaska that risked severe frostbite to view her glide over the mountains, to the woman who drove all night inspired by her glow reflected off a dashboard. The moon remembers the woman that leaned over her apartment balcony tracking her ascent over the Space Needle, and the woman who sat next to a Midwest pond and spoke directly to her asking for her help in forgiving. Last night the Moon found me as she always does. An older, wiser version, at another crossroad in her life. Still believing the fairies will come, even if she has clothes on. Grateful that no matter how things change in life that the Moon stays a never wavering constant. A silent witness sent to comfort the absurd, the insane joy, the blood line of every life.

No comments: