Saturday, July 29, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (4) Millennium Champagne Bubbles

This cleverly shaped champagne bottle is actually a bubble wand and bubble soap. Usually found at weddings and such, I bought a case of these in December 1999 and sent one to every person I personally knew and loved around the world. The instructional tag I attached said "Please tuck this in your pocket, and wherever you are at midnight on 2000 know I am thinking of you and join me in blowing bubbles to celebrate." Now, I didn't know someone in every time zone around the planet, but there were bubbles blown in London, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Las Vegas, all over Texas, Illinois, Arizona, Indonesia, Japan and too many small cities all over the United States to name.
I figured out there were bubbles blown every hour on New Years Eve from 5 pm to about 4 am the next morning from these little champagne bottles. This one remains on my alter to remind me of all the friends I love and how lucky I am to have them everywhere as we all go about our lives on the planet. Separated by distance, but together in our hearts.

No comments: