Sunday, July 30, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (8) German Sterling Silver Chime Ball

When I was working in Alaska as a gift buyer, I found these chime balls a a wholesale show and purchased them. I am sure you have seen smaller versions as it was the rage to wear them as necklaces a few years back, but those pale in comparison to this one. I do have a smaller charm like version I wear on a necklace, but this one is about 2 1/2" in diameter and was made as a meditation tool. As you roll it in your hand it "chink, chink, chings" a little tune from an internal mechanism that is activated by movement. Because this one is so large, it actually makes a deeper richer sound. The sound is just delightful, at least to me. Similar to running water almost. Placed on my alter it represents music and all the pleasant sounds of life. Chink, chink, ching :)

No comments: