Sunday, July 30, 2006

Artist Alter of Intention : (6) Chinese Antique Silver Necklace

My sister Patty and I for several years bought and sold jewelry estates on eBay. I didn't know how much I actually had picked up in life about costume jewelry until we started doing this, and we found lots of truly amazing pieces.
This antique Chinese silver necklace is one of our discoveries. We actually bought it for resell, but I fell in deep like (I don't think you should consider calling it "love" for an object) and one of the few pieces out of the thousands we bought I kept for myself. It is a very old silver stamping, three dimensional, and heavy silver content as it tarnishes easily. It does seem to be very old, but oriental jewelry isn't my specialty so I couldn't date it. Since I am a big girl, big jewelry "works" on me, and I wear this sometimes. I actually hang it on my alter because the image is a traveler, and to me it represents the path taken in life. And just like this necklace, my path has been unusual.

No comments: