Monday, July 10, 2006

Another day, another EBAY ad

Today's accomplishment is slated to be building Ebay ads. I am, like thousands of Ebay sellers nationwide, jonesing for the fix. My friend Wade dropped off a lot of discontinued showroom samples for me to sell, as he knows I actually like doing Ebay. I became a member very early in it's inception, and watched it grow from a pretty friendly happy little place into a MEGA mart full of just about everything. I am fond of saying if you can't find it on Ebay you probably don't need it that bad.

The coolest thing about Ebay is the link to all things you forgot on the trail of growing up. Fuzzy Wuzzy soap that grew "hair" when it dried and had a toy deep inside to encourage you to wash your hands. "RAT FINK" and all gumball machine toys, especially the rings. My personal favorite Wacky Packs (The Original ones) that were stickers packed with stale pink plastic gum. Depicting well known products and advertising slogans of the day with a sarcastic twist. Is it any wonder I grew into adulthood developing humorous twists on "standard" products myself? Some people can thank a favorite art teacher, some can acknowledge a great painting or sculpture as the seed of their inspiration. I am, alas, but an ode to the humble Wacky Pack.

No comments: