Friday, July 28, 2006

Catching Up

I've spent the last few days working diligently to clear my desk of odds and ends projects. Not that clearing it off is really possible, it is just nicer to be able to see the actual surface of the desk. I also spent a lot of time finishing the nuts and bolts of my blog format, uploading links and filling out forms about books, music, and movies. As I was doing this I realized I had pretty eclectic taste in all forms of media. If you haven't guessed by now I am an artist and very visually oriented. I do read a lot, but generally the only books I am moved to buy and own are art books. My mother used to tell a story about me as a baby, climbing into any available lap and begging to look at the "picture book" which in my case was a huge coffee table book about great European art masterpieces. The acorn doesn't always fall too far from the lap so to speak. I also craved and begged for lemons.... But that is another story entirely. Be warned before you attempt a sip of my iced tea today.
This frenzy of activity is probably because it has been cooler, getting into only the mid 90's during the day. Everyday the weather report says rain, but I think they do that here in Texas to inspire hope. I can actually count the times it has rained in my ten months here. On one hand.
No cell phone update. I did call and found my new one was shipped today. That crack became a hole about two days ago, and the headset is now all wobbly. I guess I'd best finish this entry before it becomes a long drawn out sad list.

No comments: