Sunday, July 30, 2006

After 40 it's Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade

Spent a good amount of time today researching and discussing options to replace the poor sick power supply in my computer, and backing up my pitiful hard drive with more juice. So I am committed to dealing with it this week, and may be offline for a few days while we do major surgery on my machine when the parts arrive. I will definitely post a heads up when that happens.

I was thinking the other day, I actually remember a life before computers. I think my generation will definitely be the last that can. From my extraordinarily expensive ($5000.00) first laptop, where I had no idea how to do anything but point and click to now when I am actually learning more about HTML code writing it's been a pretty bumpy ride. Again, I did avoid it, mainly because in some ways I do not trust technology. It is the fault of the V.C.R. I am afraid. I could never program one to save my life then, and I am no better now. Some things never change.

Today I sent out links to my new blog to some dear friends, as I had actually written enough I thought my blog could be interesting to others. Not like a real letter or anything, but better than nothing. Several responded and that was fun. I forgot to mention ya'll can respond to any post at the bottom by clicking the "comments" section, and the best part is you don't have to log on or be a member to do so. I do enjoy doing this, because it is like little daily postcards that can be picked up and read any time. So welcome to everybody. I'll keep writing if you keep reading :)

No comments: