Saturday, July 08, 2006

One of my favorite Quotes

"Again and again, some people wake up.
They have no ground in a crowd and they move to broader, deeper laws.
They carry strange customs with them and demand room for bold and audacious action.
The future speaks through them. They change the world."
-Rainer Maria Rilke
There I was in the middle of a small town library, looking at books to check out, when I read this quote. I immediately sat down and scribbled this on my checkbook register, where all types of important notes find their way. Including financial balance information if I ever remember to update it.
I have been very interested in quotes my whole life. When I read one that moves me to think I generally file it in my journal that day. I have an idea about illustrating inspirational quotes in some way that has not completely jelled in my head yet. Ideas are like that for me, slowly simmering on a back burner until done. Until recently I thought everyone was like this. I now find I am slower than most. So I guess that makes me the "crock pot" of ideas and projects. Not a stir fry in a hot flash, just a slow even simmer.

No comments: