Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It's all set...

The reservations are complete...I will actually be staying at the Flagship Hotel in Galveston for my birthday. This tickles me, because in childhood I spent many hours combing the beach around the Flagship pier, looking for all manner of shells protected by the pillars. I actually watched it catch fire one Fourth of July during a fireworks display. I have a lot of memories that include this place. Wade reminded me this morning that my 40th was at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, and that this might mean I must spend every major birthday "over the sea" in some way. Perhaps I am a mermaid after all. It really is the perfect choice. Here is a postcard image from the Flagship from the 60's for all you old Texas beach babies. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?