Friday, September 22, 2006

(39) October 5, 1994 Warehouse Angels


1994: First Class Stamp $0.29 cents
Nancy Kerrigan attacked while skating
Edvard Munch Painting "The Scream" stolen and recovered in Oslo
John Wayne Gacy put to death
" All I Wanna Do" -Sheryl Crow
Kurt Cobain found dead in his home in Seattle
" The Shawshank Redemption", "Heavenly Creatures" and
"The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert" in theaters
"ER" and "Friends" premiere on NBC
A Benetton ad depicted Ronald Reagan with Kaposi Sarcoma
(a rare cancer contracted by many with AIDS) lesions.
47,663 AIDS Deaths in the USA

When I say life changed, I am not kidding. My little company grew much bigger faster than I could ever have imagined, and I was so lucky that these angels were right there to take the load. "The Warehouse" as it came to be called was always bustling with activity, people, food, laughter, and yes, we actually got the work done too. Such a magnetic, happy place folks would drop by on their days off to hang out and help. There are so many stories about this time of excitement...from shipping candles to Italy, Iceland, and Japan; selling candles directly to Michael Jackson for a party; the press all over the nation exploding. But those memories don't even "hold a candle" to my memories of the people who worked with me and the family we became. Brian, Chris, Stacey, and Mark you were my rocks. I will always be grateful that you were there with me.

4 comments:

Anne Grgich said...

Yes, those days were fun working for you,
and making my frst investment and quadrupled my money, you all wee so much fun, memories I will never forget..

Right now I am on the road, and deciding where am going to live, I think Portland now, so if you come back to Seattle, we can always visit.

Anne

Anne Grgich said...

Laura,

I will call you!

Anne

Laura Belle said...

OMG, I had almost forgotten you worked the warehouse in the beginning. Wanna do it again? :) As always I've got some ideas percolating! Miss you honey, sure hope to see you soon.

XOXOX

Laura Belle said...

Remember that woman at the lipstick counter (MAC) at Nordstrom's? (LOL) I've been reading your blog, and sending you abundant energy in your transition honey. I'm there too, so I can totally relate. It'll give us plenty to talk about my friend.

Laura