Sunday, September 24, 2006

(41) October 5, 1996 Must have been a slow news day...

1996: First Class Stamp $0.32 cents
The musical RENT officially opens on Broadway
Lisa Marie Presley files for divorce from Michael Jackson
Britain alarmed by an outbreak of "mad cow" disease
"MACARENA" :::shiver:::
"Toy Story" First Computer Generated Animated Film
JonBenet Ramsey Mystery
F.B.I arrests suspected Unabomber
Greg Louganis, an Olympic diving medalist, revealed that he has AIDS.
First performance of Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues.
The number of HIV-positive people worldwide
was estimated at 22,000,000,
more than the population of Australia.

The last big milestone birthday happened this year, and the above display ad in the Seattle "Stranger" appeared during my birthday week. I still haven't figured out how my friends managed this, as nobody ever gets these in the cooler-than-you Stranger. Even though it was a pretty spectacular birthday, I'll leave these memories for all that participated in the debauchery. And definitely the pictures of everyone wearing my birthday hat will stay in the album for now. Great for blackmail later...Bwaa-Haa-Haa What happens in the "Beatle Suite" should stay in the "Beatle Suite" (LOL)
No, the thing that stands out to me about this year was that on Dec. 11th, I had a very strange thing happen to me, one that I don't think happens everyday to everybody. I have thought about this many times, and wonder what my horoscope looked like on this particular day. It started out pretty normally, as I was busy and involved in two businesses at the time. But by the end of the day I ended up being interviewed for CNN Business Radio and Internet News Feed in the morning for one company, and involved in the first "Internet" wedding with the other company that was covered by all news media, including CNN National News and Fox News in the evening. Anyone that knows me well knows I tend to avoid publicity that features "me" as a person like the plague, and it was indeed a strange day.

No comments: