Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Coming Out of the Klutz Closet

Okay, I have to tell this story. One of the results of the big blizzard this weekend was miles of ice and slush everywhere. On Sunday my niece performed in a dinner theatre, and it was gonna be hell or high water that kept me from it. My sister was picking me up, and all I had to do was walk about 10 feet around her van and get inside. Honestly, 10 feet! In my best tread shoes I made my way around; only five more feet to go when it happened. Slip.... right myself, sliiiiip....right myself again, ut-oh....BAM! I found myself sprawling in a most unladylike fashion. I actually tried several times to catch myself, but actually fell full force on a backpack with my camera and all the stuff I brought to document the event. Okay, everything seemed alright, lost my breath but no serious bone breakage, skin scrapes, or blood. Good thing voluptuous women bounce! (LOL) Got up, got in the car, and went to the performance. It's all good.
But this is the really funny part of the story. I fell on my backpack, and so now I have all these little odd shaped purple bruises on my torso. A camera shaped bruise, a key shaped one; all the shapes of things that were in my backpack. (LOL) They are situated on my body kinda like little purple Christmas ornaments would be on a tree. So yes, I am really ready for the holidays this year, decorated skin deep. Ho-Ho-Ho...owie

No comments: