Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Christmas Storybook: Christmas Lights Tiara

Ahhhhh, the annual viewing of the outdoor Christmas Lights displays... what could be more American than a blanket, thermos of hot chocolate and gasoline you could actually waste viewing your neighbor's Christmas Lights across the city?
Maybe it's a southern thing, but even now I make a point of trekking through the elements to enjoy this particular expression of seasonal creativity. In 2004 Genie went along for the ride, and she presented me with the coveted "Christmas Viewing Lights Tiara" that year. I didn't have the heart to tell her these were actually reindeer antlers (a true tiara requires rhinestones after all). Even so, I wore this on my head proudly as we drove through new money Dallas looking at truly remarkable displays of Holiday wattage. Long Live Reddy Killowat. :)

No comments: