Saturday, January 26, 2008

Live for Today

This is a concept I struggle with personally. The idea of focusing on the day you inhabit, not the days and years ahead. I know from my own experience in life that the journey is the destination. My best memories almost always are of the trip to whatever I have accomplished. I am a compulsive planner, sometimes down to the most minute of details. But it is those first steps, first brushstrokes, first actions that are the most important. So on a day I am going forward with small steps I am reminded not to be in such a hurry, and enjoy the time it takes for plans to grow into fruition as well.

I am currently in a muffin baking binge. (LOL) I have a great cookbook of all types of muffins and it seems I am trying to memorize it subconsciously. Maybe it is the cold weather; there is nothing like a warm muffin on a cold day. Good thing it is a cookbook of low fat muffins! In some ways baking is a way to live for today, a small pleasure meant for the moment after stepping off a treadmill or a treat after a long day. A "carrot" on a long journey. OOOoooo, maybe carrot muffins next !

No comments: