Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Creativity

I've been rearranging my studio space, as I am getting the itch to work. My desk has been set too low and I know from experience it will result in a backache in it's current configuration, so I'm nipping that in the bud. Don't know exactly what I will be making, but when the creativity bug bites it is best just to go with it. :)

Under a tornado watch all day today, since our temperature is falling rapidly (40 degrees in 6 hours). I won't go off in a rant about the weirdness of this weather. Tornados in the spring you expect, but not in the dead of winter.

Found a new fortune teller Valentine on Ebay and it arrived today and I scanned it to show here. I now have a collection of twelve vintage valentines after collecting for four years. My idea is to frame them individually and hang them together as a group. I've always liked fortune telling devices, and the sweetness of the vintage graphic elements appeal to me. This one is a mechanical valentine, and she actually tells fortunes. Enjoy before the tornado blows it away :)

No comments: