Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Freakishly Warm

I really don't want to be one of those bloggers that write about the weather everyday (that is what the Weather Channel is for) but I gotta tell you it was warm here yesterday. It topped 73 degrees yesterday afternoon, and it felt like a late Spring day. People were walking around in shorts, and when I was out all I could think was..."This cannot be good!" Because any old Texan (as well as resident of the Midwest) knows when cold hits hot it's like a Neiman Marcus engraved invitation to a tornado. So last night we had massive thunderstorms with hail and up pop the tornadoes. Got through without damage here, and today the thunderstorms continue although not as severe. I like rain as a rule, and thunderstorms can be exhilarating, but tornadoes are no fun. The weather I've witnessed this last year isn't like anything I've experienced in my lifetime; anyone who thinks there is no climate shift happening in this world is pretty much asleep at the wheel in my estimation.

No comments: