Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Determination

So today so far has been one of movement. I find myself unpacking and discarding old stuff, some boxes I have not opened in years. I tend toward being a pack rat, keeping old bits and pieces of things and ending materials left after old art projects have long past. Most artists I know suffer from this; the accumulation of materials. It is a daunting task, one I certainly haven't attempted for a long time, but I today I am determined. To move forward takes concentration on what is of use now, today, not what could be used in some far off future. So I am sifting through and finding the treasure. What is funny about this whole process is the treasure doesn't look quite like I thought it would. It seems to be more like the treasure of freedom.

No comments: