Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dawn of a New Decade










The sunrise starting 6:22 am October 5, 2006
on the beach at 29th and Seawall, Galveston, Texas.
This was my childhood beach, where I played like a fish every summer between 5-13 years of age. As I watched I could feel my great aunt Boojy painting at her outdoor easel, I could almost see myself crawling over the breakers looking for unbroken angel wing shells and whole sand dollars as I took these. I drove all night through the pitch dark to see this sunrise, and I share it here with all the people past and present in my life here I thought of while it rose. Just a day like any other, but to me truly a new dawn.

1 comment:

Cedar said...

Great sunrise and sunset shots Ms. Laura Belle. I am happy for you that you had a relaxing and retrospective birthday. It is good for the soul. Now when you hit 100, we celebrate together.