1. I am grateful that, no matter how I have abused my body (and oh, how I have) it has gotten me here to this place mainly intact.
2. H.H.:There will never be enough words to thank you for your faith in me and my talent, your friendship, and abundant inspiration. All when I needed these things the very most in my life. I never knew what sadness really was until your death..and with every loss in my life since you I only touch the scar. Part of the life I have lived is because I knew you couldn't. I do hear you "direct" me sometimes at the desk, thank you. I miss you.
3. I've learned to listen closely to what people say. Retribution they brag about, harmful gossip, and personal pettiness they laugh about will most likely result in the same applied to you eventually.
4. A little therapy is indeed a good thing.
5. R.Cook: It has been a long, long road for us, stretching over so much time, space, and so many life changes. Who knew all those years ago in Commerce we would still be the friends we are today? You did, and you told me so even then. You've held my hand through a lot; talked me down off the ledge, talked me up...what an amazing mirror you are. Thank you so for being the best anyone could ever ask for as a friend. I love you.
6. What you think is what you are and what will happen in your life.
7. Some people are willfully ignorant, and will fight to the death to remain so, and are proud of it.
8. Linda: Such a beautiful, kind, and generous soul. Fragile as glass yet strong as steel, (You are, look what you yourself have survived) I've never met anyone who's heart is so firmly in the right place. You have always been and will always be an inspiration to me, my friend. A sister in the family I got to choose in my life. I love you.
9. Small steps do indeed cover large distances.
10. Stacey: You are a rock "mama" and totally a "tacky" chick. I will never forget your kindness in the craziness that life was, and I do wish you all the best. I love you.
11. Being attached to always being right will guarantee you will be wrong.
12. Crystal: The light of my life, you have healed me in so many ways just being you. When I am long gone, and you are old enough to understand, I want you to know you kept my spirit alive on more than one occasion. I love you.
13. Lin H.: Always an inspiration to me, I have always been grateful for your wit, intelligence, and the heart in your words. Even when you didn't know anyone else was reading, I thank you for them. Keep the faith honey.
14. DREAM BIG, but understand some things are beyond imagining.
15. Glenn R.: A true Texas gentleman. You have born with grace sorrows most of us couldn't even touch, and kept going like the energizer bunny. And Lord, you do make me laugh :) I love you.
16. Gerard: I know it was between teacher and priest, but to me you have been both. Thanks would never be enough for the inspiration and guidance you have given me in life. Looking at that scruffy little dyke in the "OP" t- shirt you dug out the best I could be, and I will always be grateful to you for your faith that it was in there. So when you drag it off to teach yet another teaming mass of young adults, just know I will not be the only former student that will ever feel this way about you. Thank you, I love you.
17. At the core, every human being is the same, only different flavors. Realizing this is essential for true communication and respect.
18. Karen: My other heart. It was a lucky day I met you. Your generosity of spirit is amazing. Thank you for every minute you've been there, patient and loving. I only hope I can be 1/2 the friend to you that you have been to me in this life. I love you.
19. Discern what is right for yourself only. There are very few absolutes, and many, many shades of grey. Deny yourself this, and deny what you could have learned while here.
20. Rachael: What a complicated road we've traveled my friend. Generous and kind, you have seen me at my worst and best and loved me the same throughout. And like all the closest of relationships, you bring up and make me confront my own fears. Nobody has ever made me feel as beautiful in life or exasperated me more. One of the great loves of my life, I thank you. I see you, I love you, and I always will.
21. Marty: I learned so much from you my friend. Not a day goes by I don't think "What would Marty do." Life will never be as beautiful and bright (Not to mention as well designed or cooked) without you in it. In so many ways my personal definition of a class act, even if you were a little fuzzy headed boy raised by a French mama in Wichita Falls, Texas. I miss you.
22. We are all pools of energy, that together form great oceans of intent.
23. Everything divine and despicable in human nature is available to anybody alive, it is all about choice or lack of it.
24.Lisa & Dot: A delightful discovery, full of promise for future friendship. Thanks for your energy, your hospitality, and sharing the true essense of yourselves with me. I look forward to may more years of this blessing.
25.Do not be attached. Be hopeful, but not attached, to any outcome.
26. Liseanne: You gave me back my life when I crumbled. That I am here today is because you healed both my body and spirit. No thanks will ever be enough for this gift. I love you.
27. D.D.: My fellow "Scorpio Moon", always verbally processing the frazzled world (mine, yours, and the all those other people's too) and trying to make sense of it all. One of the best of friends, you pull no punches and do your best to move your beliefs from thought into action. The goddess gifted us all the day you came into the world. I love you.
28.The world is not here at your disposal and benefit, you are here to benefit it.
29. Judy: The first true love of my life. We shared so many triumphs and heartbreaks. Isn't it funny how all that comes to mind now is the incredible love and how much we laughed? We have had us some experiences, gurl! Can't even imagine what my life would have been like without you, but it most definately it would not have been as unusual. In many ways I still see life through your eyes too. I am grateful and will always honor our time together. As always, a heart with wings to fly. I love you.
30. What you give with no expectation is a true gift.
31. Jann: My funny sweetheart, I am happy to know you are in the world and forming the minds of impressionable children as we speak. Thank you so for your kind support and abundant optimism. I love you.
32. Xi: One of the truest hearts I ever met. Courageous and kind, the truest of spiritual warriors. And I remain at heart, your honored muse.
33. My grandmother's true saying "People pay for their individual sins in coin of the realm, in ways only they can truly see and know." Truer words were never spoken.
34. David C.: Weaving beads into beauty, I learned more about the nature of magic from you than you may have realized at the time. It is only distance, but not the heart, that will ever come between us my friend. I love you, and Ron too. :)
35. Risley: A mystery beyond words, and a fascinating one to me. You are one of the funniest creatures that has ever crossed my path, but being a humorist myself I know where that comes from. I meant what I said, and I always will. I love you.
36. No matter how bad it gets, if you are still breathing after all is said and done it could indeed have been worse.
37. Anne G.: So loving, so giving. Driven to make beauty in a world in desperate need of it. A true artist, who's life truly is art. I respect your talent, your passion, and your kind heart. I thank you for your inspiration, faith and unwavering belief. I have always been honored to call you my friend. I love you.
38. Do not ask for anything from anyone in life that you, yourself, are not prepared to give as well.
39. Jackie K.: Fellow food whore, a delightful sprite. So full of life, your enthusiasm is infectious. Just thinking about you makes me smile today. Thank you for your friendship and many convesations about life and the most important subject, food. (LOL) I love you.
40. Look past the words to the actions. They are the truer picture.
41. Nancy H: Kind, compassionate, a true healer of the spirit. Thank you for the skills you gave me, I use them everyday.
42. Never trust a crowd to bring you to the right destination.
43. Terri S.: I still see you, bright and beautiful, walking to my car to drag me out of it...weeping in my exhaustion because I was so hard on myself. Your support of me has always been a comfort, your compassion and intelligence a blessing. A rare person that "got" me in a way that defies words. Thank you for your friendship and support. I love you.
44. Gene: What an unlikely friend you are. But no amount of "big noise" masks the kind, thoughtful heart discovered within you. Even if you are a republican, I still love you.
45. Brian: I think of you every day, and wish I could have been a better friend to you when you needed me there. Wherever you are, my undying devotion and thanks goes with you. I love you.
46. Genie: There is nothing I can write that can express what a friend you have been to me. I will always be grateful to you for sharing your kind "shelter from the storm.", and for all the ways you've been a true and dear friend. As I always say, I'm glad you're at my back. I love you.
47. When you can understand every living person is injured in some way, you can learn to see the old wound behind their actions, and not take it all so personally.
48. Brooke and Diana: Strong voices of the future, even if you don't recognize it yet. Your relationship like a rare jewel, thank you so much for sharing the delight of it with so many, including me. I look forward to a future with you in it.
50. Wade: From the ashes the Phoenix rises. No one knows this better than you, and I am so happy you are with me this birthday to help sift through mine. The perfect person actually, and the truest of friends. Still have those rubber boots? (LOL) We may be needing them :)