Thursday, November 27, 2008

Beats the HELL out of Pardoning a Turkey

There was a time as a Democrat I felt my vote was a toss up between two candidates. But today, when I saw this picture, I actually teared up. Hillary Clinton passing out chickens at a food bank, and then making the day of a whole school full of children as secret service agants scrambled? No, this is not your average "photo-op" kinda guy. I can say with without a doubt one of the things I am thankful for today is a real presidential role model for a change. Like a cool drink of water to a thirsty American soul. How can the country, even in it's sorry shape, not be better steered by this vision?

So to all that read these words today, I wish you a peaceful Thanksgiving. Whether it be a can of spam or Turkey with all the goods, take time today to be thankful for life's many small blessings. If you can't think of any at the moment, just ponder the last eight years, and hopefully you'll find one or two. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: