Wednesday, May 30, 2007

HOUSTON, we have Ignition...

And so I sit in Houston this morning, after a harrowing move that felt more like the "floating of Noah's arc" than driving. (LOL) It rained so heavily all the way down Monday it popped one of my van's windshield wipers off.... twice... and by the time I reached Houston I found myself laughing hysterically while driving 15 miles an hour through downtown expressways with zero visibility. Never let it be said I don't have a sense of humor in a crisis. But I am here to report I actually made it here, unpacked the van, and now I sit comfortably reconstructing my life today.
Having everything you own in boxes certainly will make you acutely aware of what you actually need in life and what you "think" you need. Luckily, I have always been a pretty good packer so finding absolute essentials went pretty quickly. Got the computer up and running much faster than I expected, but haven't made a dent setting up the studio desk yet. But all is well here. I did want to thank the group of marvelous people that helped in no small way to make this a good transition for me. So thanks to Roger, Patty, Wade, Lori, Judy, and Genie. And thank you Genie for being so kind to me especially, I miss you already.

No comments: