Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crossing Over the Covered Bridge

I have been traveling the past week, mainly for business as we were involved with the massive Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana. Ten days, 2.5 million people, blown over festival tents, major weather problems, and a hotel hours away from the festival itself made it grueling to do. But the best part was the turning of the tree leaves, every imaginable color along small country roads. It was still unseasonably warm, but there was a bit of fall peeking around the corners. And those little snack packs the hotel packed for the residents every morning felt a little like school lunches made by Mom, a nice thing to see at 5 am. :)
Returned to a ..slap.. instead of a kiss of Autumn in Illinois. It became very cold last night and the night was clear and full of stars. Another reason I do like living here is seeing the constellations so clearly. Received a sweet birthday gift from Rogie today, and I couldn't be more delighted with my new book and various accessories, thank you. I hope everyone in life has a friend as kind as Rogie has always been to me.
I am busy finishing up fish tailed Halloween costumes and enjoying the peace of my home tonight; everything feels right in my world, and for that I am grateful.

No comments: