Sunday, November 01, 2009

News From the Poker Table

I woke up today and decided I simply must do something I have never done, just to shake things up in life. I had read in the local paper about a "Turkey Shoot" at the local VFW Hall, but I have never attended one...so it won the day. I had no idea what to expect, but found playing poker for food an interesting thought. So armed with ten dollars I played five card poker hands for about an hour, and pictured are all my ill gotten gains. Three big farm raised chickens (fresh) and three fresh from the local processer pork sausage bundles. No turkey or ham, but still a chunk o' food for the freezer. Seems my luck dramatically changes when I am playing poker for food. Imagine that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...something about a jar of quarters and Laura Belle playing poker - always a winning combination! Ohhh...lucky you for the take! -- Yummmyyyy!!

Watch out!
:)