Thursday, November 15, 2007

It Starts with Gratitude...


Having fun learning more about Kanji, Japanese pictogram language. I find it fascinating of course, since I've always been attracted to the visually symbolic. Thought I would upload a few here over the next few weeks in an effort to remember them as I learn. It seems most appropriate to start with the symbol for "gratitude" since we are so close to Thanksgiving. (A holiday that has seemingly morphed into a monstrous turkey gluttonfest, and not so much the act of gratitude for abundance it should represent.) I try my best in my daily written journal to be thankful for the small overlooked aspects of life as well as the huge miracles. So today I send out to my friends "gratitude", to remind us all to take a moment to think of the things in life that truly deserve thanks.

No comments: